The third wave of COVID is spreading through the country at a rapid pace. Once again, this has made us take a step back from all the plans we've had for this year.
At the same time, we're living through the holy month of Ramadan, which began on the 12th of April. The global pandemic may have put certain restrictions on its social aspects, but the Muslim community around the world observes it with faith and kindness, while being in the safety of their homes.
Unlike last year, many restaurants in town are offering up iftar delicacies
with dine-in facilities. But, if you're looking for a convenient, hassle-free method to get your iftar fix delivered to your doorstep, simply skim through our list of places that serve up iftar exclusively through PickMe Food.
For orders, simply click on the hyperlink (on mobile).
Indulge Desserts Co's iftar packs are curated with some wonderfully sweet and savoury delicacies, including samosas, bubble waffles and crepes - all for your indulgence.
- Pack 01 - Rs. 850 (2 dates, 2 beef samosas/ chicken samosas, chicken kanji, Red Chiller/ Minty Lemonade drink, water bottle)
- Pack 02 - Rs. 1250 (2 dates, beef samosas/ chicken samosas, chicken kanji, Red Chiller/ Minty Lemonade drink, water bottle, Chocolate Brownie Diptreat)
- Pack 3 - Rs. 1800 (2 dates, 2 beef samosas/ chicken samosas, chicken kanji, Red Chiller/ Minty Lemonade drink, water bottle, savoury waffle/ bubble waffle/ crepe)
- For orders: Indulge Desserts Co. (Colombo 06), Indulge Desserts Co. (Colombo 03)
One of the long-standing establishments in the city, Acropol has crafted up a special iftar box to deliver through PickMe Food and that includes a tasty shawarma that they're well known for.
- Price: Rs. 880
- Includes: chicken porridge, samosa, spring roll, crispy chicken burger/ chicken shawarma, dates and drinks
- For orders: Acropol Restaurant
Along with their cheap range of biriyanis, flavoursome Indian-style curries, and Sri Lankanised Chinese food, Sulthan Palace has introduced an affordable iftar pack this Ramadan.
- Price: Rs. 400
- Includes: fresh juice, short eats, chicken bun, dates, chicken porridge and water
- For orders: Sulthan Palace
A reliable name in the catering industry for many years, Galle Caterers has also assorted an iftar pack this Ramadan.
- Price: Rs. 800
- Includes: chicken porridge, 3 kinds of short eats, faluda, rice/string hoppers, water and dates
- For orders: Galle Caterers
The OG Banana Leaf is offering up a nice iftar pack full of yummy savouries. It's super budget-friendly too.
Al Mass's iftar affair is super simple, yet promises some delicious flavours.
The Spice in Dehiwala promises authenticity in every dish they whip up, and intends to do the same with their iftar pack.
- Price: Rs. 600
- Includes: kanji, 3 kinds of short eats, juice, dates and a small water bottle
- For orders: The Spice
Grand Pila Hotel De Pillawoos
A simple iftar pack can be found here, and it's value for money too.
A whole bunch of Keells outlets around the country are delivering iftar treats through PickMe Food.
- Pack 01: Rs. 145.99 (fish roll, chicken samosa, dates and 500ml water bottle)
- Pack 02: Rs. 280.75 (kanji, fish roll, chicken samosa, dates and 500ml water bottle)
- Kanji for Rs. 168.45, Nelli Faluda for Rs. 134.76 and Faluda for Rs. 134.76
- For orders: Keells (Darley Road), Keells (Katugastota), Keells (Kiribathgoda 2), Keells (Kelaniya), Keells (Kandy), Keells (Akuregoda), Keells (Kurunegala), Keells (Thalawathugoda 2), Keells (Attidiya), Keells (Maharagama 1), Keells (Moratuwa), Keells (Boralesgamuwa),
Keells (Piliyandala), Keells (Kottawa), Keells (Dehiwala), Keells (Kohuwala), Keells (Rattanapitiya), Keells (Kalubowila), Keells (Boralesgamuwa), Keells (Wattala 2)
Cover image source: learnreligions.com