This is an enthralling ballet that unveils the enigma of the epic of Ramayanaya, organized by the past pupils of the dance troupe of Mahamaya Girls’ College Kandy, in collaboration with the…
This is an enthralling ballet that unveils the enigma of the epic of Ramayanaya, organized by the past pupils of the dance troupe of Mahamaya Girls’ College Kandy, in collaboration with the renowned choreographer Chandana Wickramasinghe and the dancers’ guild with their performance for the first time in Kandy. The event will be held on the 21st of April 2018 at the Dharmaraja College Auditorium at 6.00p.m.
The concept of the story is the implicit unshaken love of Seetha towards her beloved husband Rama, who allegedly accuses her for having secretive infatuation to Ravana, being disgusted of the discrimination how she sacrifices her life to “Agni Jaala”(Fire) but un-burnt how she walks out to the amazement of Rama who later felt mortified.
The whole apex is entwined with the following nationally recognized personalities.
· Concept/Script & dance choreography – Chandana Wickramasinghe
· Music Director – Peshala Manoj
· Lyrics – Rathna Sri Wijesinghe
· Vocalists – Prof. Nanda Malani/Thilini Rodrigo/Asitha Athapaththu
· Stage Management & Lighting Director – Upali Ariyasiri
· Sounds – Chandana Karunarathne
· Art Director – Hinatigala Premadasa
· Costume Designer – Chandana Wickramasinghe
· Performers – Chandana Wickramasinghe Dancers’ Guild
Chili paste is a beloved side to Sri Lankan meals, especially with Lankan-Chinese food. Here's Raliya aunty's recipe. Ingredients Dried shrimps…
Ways we can help the current situation.
Countries that let you in without a fuss with your Lankan passport
Café Noir is the definition of good vibes and great coffee. For real.
Chocolate-biscuit-pudding is a dessert unique to Sri Lanka - here's an aunty showing you how it's done