You don't have to go all the way to the kadé for some paan. Make your own at home with this easy recipe.
1 Baking Tray
1 Aluminium Foil
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Then add in yeast, milk, and butter. Using a wooden spoon, mix well.
- Using your (clean) hands, pinch the ingredients together to incorporate.
- Add water and knead lightly but well.
- Form a dough ball, then cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise for 30 mins.
- Once risen to twice it's size, poke around to let air out and then fold sides in.
- Form dough ball again, cover with damp cloth, and let it rise again for another 30 mins.
- Fully cover a baking tray in aluminium foil (add a divider in the middle if too big). Add dough into one corner of tray.
- Beat an egg (and add a pinch of salt) and brush over top of dough.
- Pre heat the oven at 230 C (446 F) for 10 mins, and then bake for 40 mins.
Remember that you need to knead lightly... ;)