It's Avrudu! Let's get down to making kavili.
1 Kokis Cutter
- Put the flour, salt, turmeric powder in a bowl and mix. Mix the eggs and coconut milk in to it until it forms a smooth batter.
- Fill the thaachchiya with oil and heat it up.
- Dip the Kokis cutter in the hot oil.
- Once they are heated dip them in the batter - the batter will stick to its surface.
- Immerse into the hot oil.
- Use a thin stick to gently remove the stiff batter from the cutter.
- Let the Kokis deep-fry till golden brown.
(You can also get adventurous and mix some chilli into the batter).
Make sure Kokis cutter is hot before you dip into the batter.