Want to make that perfect buttery roti to go with your chicken curry? Try out layered roti recipe at home!
1 Frying Pan
1 Rolling Pin
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (starting with the dry ingredients) and knead to incorporate.
- On a flat surface, sprinkle and spread flour to ensure dough won't stick.
- Pinch off a dough ball (size of a tennis ball) and roll it out thin.
- Spread a bit more flour onto rolled out dough as well as some butter (not a lot).
- Roll dough up, like rolling a carpet, to form tube. Stretch the tube a bit and then roll the end of the tube in form a circle (refer to video).
- Roll out the dough again till flat and round and fry both sides in butter (medium heat).
The amount of butter applied in the middle determines how loose and separated each layer will be.