Deep fried Mac and Cheese Balls
San Remo Macaroni
(San Remo Macaroni)
All purpose flour
(All purpose flour)
1 Frying Pan
- Add 1 pound of macaroni to a pot of boiling water.
- Stir until melted
- Add chili flakes as needed.
- Add salt as needed.
- Add black pepper as needed
- Whisk all in together
- Place on fire and cook until the sauce thickens
- Pour the sauce over the cooled Macaroni
- Stir well.
- Place the macaroni on a paper plate. Cover with a baking paper.
- Place in the freezer and refrigerate for six hours.
- Take out the Macaroni and cut squares. Take portions and make in to balls while it is still cool.
- Dip the balls in beaten eggs
- Coat with bread crumbs
- Fry in hot oil
- To another pot on the fire add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and mix in 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Whisk together.
- Add 2 cups of milk
- Stir well
- Take off the fire and add 1 pound of grated cheddar and 1 pound of grated havarti into the warmed milk.
Fun to make and great to eat!
Make certain to form the balls while its still cold.