Here is how you make some great masala vadei at home!.
- Soak 500 grams of Dhal in warm water for 1 hour.
- Measure 400 grams of Dhal, with the help of a grinder, grind the dhal into a rough paste.
- Add the salt, onion, rampe, karapincha and the green chillies.
- Mix well.
- Add in the remaining 100 grams of dhal and mix well once more.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Shape them into spheres and then flatten against palm.
- Add the flattened balls into the oil.
- Fry until they turn golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.
Add grated ginger for a different taste while cooking the mixture.