Check out our take on how to make rasam.
Rampe & Karapinchcha
(Rampe & Karapinchcha)
Coconut Milk Powder
(Coconut Milk Powder)
1 Clay Pot
1 Mortar and Pestle
(motar and pestle)
- Pound one tablespoon of cumin seed until its powdery. Add the Maldive Fish, 1 tablespoon of pepper, 5 garlic cloves, 5g of ginger, 1/2 a Bombay onion, 2 green chilies, rampe and karapinchcha.
- Pound all of it together.
- Heat the clay pot and place two tablespoons of vegetable oil, add 2 cinnamon sticks, karapinchcha, and 2 red chilies
- Temper for 2 minutes.
- Add to the clay pot, all the condiments that were pounded together.
- Add 4 cups of water
- Add 1 tablespoon on tamarind paste
- Add 1 tomato
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut milk powder
- Stir well
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Take the clay pot off the fire and its ready to serve,
You can adjust the spice according to your preference