A wonderful and easy- to -make sticky gingerbread!
- Melt butter, sugar and treacle over low heat.
- Leave to cool afterwards.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ginger into bowl.
- Stir in milk, beaten egg and the butter mixture.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Mix gently.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 100c for 50 minutes.
- For glazing, melt butter and sugar over low heat until sugar liquifies.
- Quickly turn off stove, add whipping cream and stir quickly until incorporated.
- Add vanilla essence and continue stirring.
- Drizzle over gingerbread and serve.
Add chopped cashew nuts for garnishing.