If you're in the mood for something light yet filling and easy to make, try your hand at these!
1 Cutting Board
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, butter, and egg. Mix well.
- Add in coconut milk to soften texture, and mix again. Add water to set consistency and mix well again.
- Break off dough to form smaller dough balls (golf ball size).
- On a cutting board, sprinkle some flour to ensure the dough won't stick and roll dough out very thinly (very important to make sure they are very thin when rolled out).
- Pour oil into a thachchiya and heat on medium. Once hot, add poori in and move around till it puffs up. Remove once golden brown.
Make sure you constantly moving the poori around in the oil to make it really puffy.