Sri Lanka Sumithrayo
A government-approved charity founded in 1974, Sri Lanka Sumithrayo functions as a non-political, non-religious organisation that provides emotional support for anyone in need. This includes helping people to develop stress coping skills, raising awareness of suicide, its behaviours and prevention, as well as giving support to drug dependents and their families in a secure, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
Currently, they have 10 centres spread across the country, offering the aforementioned services and more. The consultations are offered online, face-to-face, over the phone and through email.
- Contact number: 0112682535/ 0112682570
- Address: 60/7, Horton Place, Colombo
- Website: www.sumithrayo.org
Alokaya Counselling Centre – FPA Sri Lanka
Alokaya Counselling Centre is a part of the Family Planning Association (FPA) Sri Lanka. They offer individual counselling for educational purposes, psychological concerns (stress, anxiety, somatoform and inter-relationship problems), pre-marital and marital counselling, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) issues. Their services extend to group counselling as well as awareness programs for the public.
- Contact number: 0112584157 ext. 162
- Ms. Badra Udawatta: 'Alokaya' Counselling Center, 37/27, Bullers Lane, Colombo 7
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arnaha Center for Wellbeing
Arnaha Center for Wellbeing is focused on providing support for a wide range of common mental health difficulties, including depression, low mood, self-esteem, stress, anxiety, anger, OCD, phobias, worry, emotional crises, adjustments, and bereavement. Their evidence-based, high-quality psychological interventions are available for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Contact number: 0770518173
- 24/1, Maliban Aramaya Road,Beddagana,Pitakotte
- Website: arnahawellbeing.com
Mel Medura is a Drug Demand Reduction Program by Sumithrayo Sri Lanka. They give the necessary help to people who are struggling with various kinds of addictions — substance and behavioural.
- Contact number: 0112693460
- Address: 60B, Horton Place, Wijerama Mw, Colombo 07
- Website: melmedura.org
National Council for Mental Health (NCMH) – Sahanaya
Sahanaya offers a number of services related to mental health, including counselling, character development and rehabilitation. They, in fact, have a separate residential facility in Gorakana, Panadura, which provides rehabilitation programs for individuals with mental health-related difficulties and behavioural disorders.
- Contact Number: 0112685960/ 0114339607
- Resource Centre: 96/20, Kitulwatta Road, Colombo 08
- Residential Facility: 115/2, Galkanuwa Rd, Gorakana, Panadura
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ncmh.lk
Women in Need (WIN)
Women in Need is focused on giving psychological support to overcome the trauma caused by gender-based violence. Here, they give an opportunity to the victims to share their stories and through proper counselling, they make them feel safe, trusted and empowered to stand against violence in the long run.
While making awareness of the legal rights, the victims are given free legal advice and are represented in court as and when required. They also have emergency shelters in Colombo, Batticaloa and Matara for the victims of abuse who are in need of special care and support.
- Contact Number:0112671411/ 0114615549
- Address: 25, Tickell Road, Colombo 8
- Website: www.winsl.net
CCC Foundation ensures emotional wellbeing by connecting the people who seek help with trained counsellors through the phone. It's a telephone-based counselling service, which listens to people's concerns and problems — whether it be exam stress, death of a loved one or heartbreak. They help them to connect with their inner strengths as well as other support services so they can manage and overcome the difficulties in their lives.
- Helpline: 1333
- Address: 379/4, Galle Road, Colombo 03
- Website: www.cccfoundation.org.au
Institute of Mental Health (IMH)
The Institute of Mental Health specialises in mental health-related education services, training opportunities and also, counselling, raising suicide awareness and prevention, psychotherapy, life coaching, relationship coaching, clinical hypnotherapy and a lot more.
- Contact Number: 0112506004/ 0714749625
- Address: No. 36A, Shrubbery Gardens, Colombo 04
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.imhlk.com
Sumutthana is Sanskrit for "renewal and regeneration," and they surely live up to that name. They work with mental health professionals like psychiatrists, psychologists, doctors, lawyers and counsellors to give emotional support to people who have been traumatised by their past unpleasant experiences in life.
- Contact Number: 0115767585/ 0112883847
- Address: No. 419, Nawala Road, Nawala, Sri Lanka
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.samutthana.org.lk
Shanthi Maargam is designed for the emotional and psychological wellness of Sri Lankan youth and children. Their services involve developing the social, emotional, cognitive, behavioural and moral competencies of the youth, as well as conducting conversations around sexual health, relationships, substance abuse, bullying, gender, abuse, life skills, leadership and other key topics that can create stress to adolescents.
- Contact Number: 0717639898
- Address: 69/17, Gothami Road, Borella
- Website: shanthimaargam.org