Basically everything. This app is rebuilt from scratch
There’s a new design, which is now the same across Android and iPhone. This design is actually a complete development shift for us. We’ve stopped doing native app development (developing different things for Android and iPhone) and we’re using PhoneGap. PhoneGap lets us design the same thing for both, with slight variations. This enables us to develop faster and, since it’s basically web design, develop better.
One problem users had was that the app could be slow. If you were not getting 3G reception that’s just the way it was, EDGE Internet is slow. We’ve changed that.
Now the app downloads most of the important content (names, locations, phone numbers) when you first install it. It’s still not that big, about 9 MB, but it saves you having to use the Internet each time you look up a phone number. It also makes search and general usability superfast, since most of the data is right on your phone or tab.
Another complaint people had was being forced to login via Facebook. We’ve gotten rid of that, completely. Now you don’t have to login at all. As we introduce more personalized features we may give you the option of logging in, but it’s no longer required.
A lot of these features were there before, but they’re a bit faster and easier to use:
- Nearby locations – lets you find stuff near to you, based on GPS or cell location
- Taxis – has taxi numbers, and a fare estimator
- Questions – the website’s questions and answers, quite interesting sometimes
- Advanced Search – search by how much you want to pay, what you’re wearing, veg/halaal, etc
- Tablet Support – now the app works well on bigger screens as well