The win is a testament to Hilton’s dedication to creating an exceptional workplace culture
Hilton properties in Sri Lanka proudly clinched top positions at the recent Great Place To Work awards ceremony, securing third place under the Best Workplaces in Sri Lanka category and a commendable second place under the 30 Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia category. Hilton Colombo, Hilton Colombo Residences, and DoubleTree by Hilton Weerawila Rajawarna Resort emerged victorious, highlighting their unwavering commitment to Team Member well-being and job satisfaction.
The win is a testament to Hilton’s dedication to creating an exceptional workplace culture. This includes the implementation of various training programs aimed at enhancing both professional skills and life experiences. Notably, this marks the third consecutive time Hilton has been recognized for its exceptional workplace culture in Sri Lanka.
The recognition stems from a confidential survey assessing employee experiences, focusing on aspects such as trust, innovation, company values, and leadership. Additionally, companies are evaluated on their ability to create an inclusive For All™ workplace experience, ensuring that every employee, irrespective of background or role, feels valued and supported.
Hilton’s commitment to fostering a positive workplace culture is evident in its dedication to nurturing and empowering team members in their personal and professional growth. The organization actively provides numerous opportunities for Team Members to engage in extracurricular activities, taking on key roles in initiatives such as Environmental Social Governance (ESG) projects, special festivals, talent shows, and the annual Team Member celebration.
The countless number of opportunities for every Team Member to grow within the brand also include programs such as;
- Thrive@Hilton, Hilton’s employer value proposition that cultivates meaningful opportunities and a workplace culture where all Team Members can thrive regardless of background, role and location.
- Hilton SEA Management Trainee program that set the benchmark in producing a whole generation of young leaders in hospitality.
- Lead@Hilton, an industry-leading learning platform that offers a suite of learning resources on management and leadership, including a Leadership Unscripted video series where senior leaders share career advice and virtual development programs created in partnership with Harvard.
- Careers@Hilton, which provides guidance and highlights opportunities for young people in the hospitality industry through annual awareness campaigns.
- Go Hilton, Hilton’s popular Team Member travel programme which offers discounted travel benefits.
- Care for All, a new industry-leading caregiving initiative designed to support team members on their caregiving journeys. The Care for All platform is an expansion of Hilton’s mental wellness hub, where it aims to support team members in caring not only for themselves, but also for those closest to them.
Expressing his gratitude, Manesh Fernando, General Manager for Hilton Colombo and Area General Manager for Hilton in Sri Lanka, stated, “Winning the Great Place To Work award for the 3rd consecutive year is an incredible honor for us at Hilton in Sri Lanka. It reflects our unwavering commitment to our team members and the exceptional workplace culture we’ve cultivated. This achievement reaffirms our belief that when our team members thrive, our guests experience the best hospitality. I want to express my deepest gratitude to our dedicated team for making Hilton a truly great place to work.”